Thursday, February 4, 2010

revamped

Preface:

This blog was originally created as a reflection tool throughout my clinical experiences as a student. I continued posting as I began working full time and then slowly it lessened. However, I have decided (with the wise advice of my mother) to revamp the blog and bring it back to life. This time I hope to share case studies of patients I am working with at work. The goal of this blog is to enable me to further develop my skill set as an Occupational Therapist, consider varied and creative treatment plans that are tailored to the individual, go back to the theories (or more like, go back to the books), and grow and develop as a professional OT. I LOVE what I do. I studied 2.5 months to earn my masters degree and I want to make sure that I am using it. I want to make sure that my clients are getting the most out of their treatment sessions and that I am competent. My profession encourages ongoing learning and keeping up with the latest research. I hope that with this blog in mind, I will take my job more seriously and offer the best to those I serve.

I find myself incredibly fortunate to have a job that I love. I need to make the most out of it.

Please enjoy. I welcome feedback. I know I will have case studies that come up where I will inquire ideas for treatment plans and I hope I will have an audience to offer them.


1 comment:

A Canadian Foodie said...

Have you already explained your initial motivation and inspiration for your interest in OT? I am certain your readers would be interested.
But, maybe you have.
As your mother, I know how enthused you are about your profession and how much time you spend thinking about your patients and enabling them.
XO