Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mr. Tony

Mr Tony is in his late 60s and has had a recent below the knee amputation and had his right one amputated a couple years earlier. he was brought to us after having an infection at the surgical site. he is A/Ox3, ROM is WFL, strength is 4/5, sensation, FM, GM and neurological systems are intact. He was living alone and w/c level at this time while waiting for the site to heal. he has a prosthesis for the right leg and once he is healed, he will get a left as well. He was I with all ADLs at w/c level and seated showers. He could get from bed<>w/c<>toilet<>shower chair<>car alone. His son prepared meals and drove him around. Currently he presents with general deconditioning and below his PLOF and will benefit from OT services to increase endurance, strength, balance (sit/stand) and safety to maximize I for ADL/self care tasks.

Treatment planning ideas for this week:
  1. Toileting Routine- functional transfer training, body mech training, BUE strength training, weight shift training (for clothing mgmt/hygiene), safety training.
  2. Seated level shower- endurance/pacing/ECT training, weight shift training, dynamic sit bal training.
  3. Dressing- dynamic sitting bal training, std bal training, compens tech training, ?AE training.
  4. Grooming/Hygiene- func'l activity tol training
  5. Shower Transfer- func'l txf training, body mech training, safety training, BUE strength training.
Some things I need to find out about his PLOF: was he seated the whole time for the shower? He has a prothesis, but I imagine he doesn't take it in with him.

So, the plan is I will follow up on Mr. Tony and provide details of my treatment sessions. I will slowly begin to add other patients, preferably patients that I am struggling with.

Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

A Canadian Foodie said...

"He was I with"
what does that mean?
So glad you have started... I will write private message.
XOXOX

Unknown said...

Sorry. I am speaking "OT" terms. What "He was I with" means He was INDEPENDENT with his ADLs and ADLs are Activities of Daily Living, which are self care tasks such as bathing, dressing, toileting, home management, community activities, etc. Does that clear things up?